Now and then I’m craving for a little sweets. I don’t like chocolate anymore and other sweets, like bought cookies are way too sweet for me. So last Sunday I decided to bake a little something with some ingredients we mostly always have at home. I decided to go for an apple tart, after the recipe from my mum. It is really simple but so delicious.
What you need:
- a baking sheet (round or angled)
- finished puff paste (not all are vegan, some contain milk or butter)
- about 6 big apples
- ground almonds
- vegan custard powder
- ricemilk (or any other milk)
- lay the plate with the pastry and press firmly
- prick the pastry with a fork several times, until it has small wholes everywhere
- cover the pastry with the ground almonds, I prefer a relatively thick layer
- Peel the apples, cut in half and make small slices
- “stuck” the apple slices in the pastry, start at the outside margin and work yourself inwards until the entire sheet is covered with apples
- Mix the custard powder with about 3-4dl (depending on plate size) milk and pour over the tart then.
- Bake the tart for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees (recirculation air)